Beschreibung des Vorschlags
Frankfurt, re-routeing of Tram Line 16 [Line 21] + [planned] Tram line 13 via Westbahnhof.
This would solve:
- Psychological barrier for passengers from Tram 16 not stopping „at“ Frankfurt-West (except during diversions)
- Reduce the confusion at Adalbert-/Schloßstraße of Trams stopping in completely different places (one direction at a Stadtbahn platform, one direction on-street, around the corner)
- Allow „dedicated“ off-street corridor from Hauptbahnhof to Westbahnhof (and nearly Bockenheim Warte), and avoid 0.6 km of street running with frequent hold-ups southbound.
- Extend „core-section“ for (future) lines 17/20/13/16 to Nauheimerstr.
- Reduce PKW/car traffic „cutting through“ around Westbahnhof
- Restore the original [straight] railway route from Westbahnhof to the original Frankfurt terminus!
Requires ~200 metres double-track + ~200 metres doubling from single-double track, plus connecting pointwork, and a slight change in traffic routeing.